Sunday, 24 April 2016

Pre blog background info: I’ve been to this school before and live about 5m away from it and before I jokingly told my dad to keep me in Mary Ward because the school seems sketchy.(as a joke) Just wanted to put that out there in case any bias is sensed in this post.


Some schools have implemented metal detectors in the entrance of schools and use them to detect any weapons or anything that can harm a person.  But of course schools use this in extreme cases where there has been multiple cases of violent acts.  In a school like ours, I think it’s hard to spot bullying because the atmosphere feels relatively safe and there aren’t many cases of violence or bullying.At Mary Ward I think the TA system makes it easier for students to report any events that occur to them.  The guidance is also always open whenever and the people are very approachable.  Already we have  a strong connection between students and ad  It is important to note that this was an isolated incident and could have happened anywhere else and that the school is not specifically to blame.  I do believe that students play a larger role in preventing these events.  Students know what happen and who it happens to.  They also have the most power in the situation because they are within the situation in comparison to teachers.  Students need to be active in reporting and preventing bullying incidents in the future.


I think a cool new way to avoid these incidents in the future is to have a anonymous box where students can report incidents they see.  This way students would not be afraid to report any situations by eliminating the possibility that they may be afraid of how their peers will treat them afterwards.  If I know for a fact that many students dislike reporting events because of being involved with the situation.  They don’t like becoming a part of it as it wastes time that could be used for learning and the stigma that comes with it.  Students like myself are afraid of being the snitch.  In pop culture as well being a “snitch” is always a bad thing according to everyone in general.  But in cases like these being a snitch might have prevented the chance of serious injury and the life of the assaulter to be ruined for life.



(couldn't think of a photo that was respectful to the tragic incident, but be nice to your friends and everyone.  We don't have forever and since we're stuck with each other might as well be nice :)

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I like how you did your analysis of the lottery meme and how it's obvious that something is wrong with it's logic. I found this post amusing and I wonder how you would look at other memes that people have believed in the past. I agree with you in that people are gullible. Even now, when the internet is a huge part of our daily life, we still haven't learned much about info authenticity. Thank you teachers for teaching us about this! I remember multiple time as a kid where I believed everything on the internet. It would be interesting to read any personal stories of how you can relate to the topic. Thanks for giving me a good chuckle and keep up the interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete