Anyone out here enjoy ads? Anyone? Just a bit?
Exactly. No one likes ads. They are products in your face. But they do pay the bills. No ads, no income. YouTubers are people too and YouTube is their job. Of course with any job you have to get paid and I guess that's why YouTube is introducing YouTube Red. Is it overpriced? I guess even though some YouTube videos are high quality content there are still a lot of indie and unpolished work there so paying for YouTube is not exactly like paying for a service such as Netflix or Hulu that boasts award winning shows and well produced, critically acclaimed movies. Besides being ad-free YouTube Red also comes with features that make it worth it. You can also play videos in the background on mobile devices similar to other music streaming apps such as Songza and Soundcloud. Also you will be able to download videos without requiring a third party software. That means you'd be downloading straight from YouTube! On the other hand a YouTube Red subscription also comes with a google play subscription. Google Play is a service similar to Spotify or Pandora . It's a music streaming service so I guess that makes it a bit more worth it. When you break it down, it's not really not that much. $10 a month. There's about three weeks in a month. So that brings it to about 3$ a week for free music and ad free YouTube. If you ask me that's one heck of a deal. As a consumer I would never really buy this to enjoy ad free YouTube. As of right now there are a few services and programs that block ads such as Ad-Block. If anything I'd purchase the service to support those who are working hard to produce great content.
But then again it's not available in Canada so....
What a nice boy thinking about the hard working people who produce great content. I do not use YouTube much, so in my opinion, I do not think this feature is worth it.
ReplyDeleteI agree wit u bic boi on how YouTube Red is overpriced, but I disagree on the fact that we should suffer long ads. You mentioned how people deserve money for making great content; and I agree with you on that. But watching an ad thats longer than the video is very painful. Especially when you load a 7 second video only to watch a minute long ad. It turns me off and causes me to not watch the video, penalizing the maker of the content.
ReplyDelete